January 10, 2012

Family Birthday Organized! CHECK!

Let's be honest with each other just for a moment no?  There are days, when I may forget to comb my hair, eat, etc. all because I am rushing out the door trying to get Lil Man to an appointment, or going to see Nana and Pop.  So that's why I have an Emergency Kit that I have made for my own car.  So if I can barely remember to do basic everyday things, then how will I EVER remember family members' birthday?  Especially when there are 76 members!  Eek....

So, during one of my late night Pinning expeditions, I came across this picture:



And of course the "I can do that" part of my brain kicked in overdrive!  How simple and space efficient!  Everyone's birthday in one central location!  So, we did a test run for my Grandmother, and it was a hit.

I spent probably $20-$25 on all the supplies.  How? Well, I took a trip to Old Time Pottery and found the perfect board for only $6.95; went to my favorite store, Lowe's, and bought the wooden doule, hooks, and spray paint; went to Hobby Lobby to pick out the perfect writing pen and some silver string to link each wooden piece.  Note:  I chose to cut and sand my wooden circles; Hobby Lobby or Joann's will have these already cut out. 

So, once I got everything situated and birthday's confirmed, we went to work.....

Here is the final product:



How do you keep track of your family birthdays?

~Angel



Blogaholic Designs”=

No comments:

Post a Comment