January 13, 2012

Baby Shower DIY: No CaveMan, Tissue Paper is Not for You Today





Those words.  WOW!  During the Christmas season, Lil Man would play and play and play in my tissue paper.  I finally wised up and bought his own tissue paper so on Christmas morning it would appear that Momma won Battle Tissue Paper (looking nice and polished) instead of something seen in a Stephen King Horror movie! 


I recently saw this picture on Pinterest.com. So, my brain, like always, kicks into the "I can make that" mode. 

Well I was tight on money and didn't really see the need in making Fabric Poms because my sister wasn't going to use it in the nursery.  So, I continued looking and found this picture and a simple tutorial to making Pom Poms.

(Click over to The Busy Budgeting Momma for the complete tutorial).

Lo and behold, when I was showing my mom the Baby Shower ideas she said, "Oh I bet I made hundreds of those for my Senior Prom" *Light bulb*  I can do this project at momma's house and not have my CaveMan destroy it!  Awesome!

Here is the final product of our Poms! (Please excuse the quality of the pictures, my camera is on the fritz )






Here is what I learned from using this tutorial:
1.  The more paper you use, the harder it is to cut!
2.  The small the fold, the flower will look tight.  The larger the fold the more open it will look.
3.  It is not neccesary to cut it, because it looks good either way.
4.  If the paper rips, Oh Well.  It still looks good! 
5.  Experimenting with different shapes on the end is awesome (ie, rounded tip like the tutorial, pointed edge, etc)
6.  Super easy!  Super Super Super Easy!
7.  Inexpensive!  Made 30 flowers for just $5.00.  How much are these things at Party City?  Waaaay more than $5.00! 
8.  Will be doing this again!  Maybe for the Fourth of July with Red White and Blue Tissue Paper! 
~Angel



Blogaholic Designs”=

No comments:

Post a Comment